It’s not likely that you won’t spend at least a part of your day in front of some type of screen. It can be frustrating when those screens are damaged and not working as well as we expect them to. A scratch or crack can make it hard to see the information we’re trying to access on the screen and the worst ones can even pose a cutting hazard for our fingers and hands. Generally speaking, you cannot repair an LCD screen and if it’s severely cracked, scratched or broken, your best bet is to have the screen replaced.
Here are some tips for assessing and taking care of your screen.
- Assess the damage. If your screen has a cover, make sure that the damage is actually the screen, and not just the cover. If it’s the screen cover that has been scratched, a new screen cover is all that’s required.
- Locate a scratch repair kit either online or at your local supplier store.
- If your kit doesn’t come equipped with a microfiber cloth, purchase one of those as well; don’t use paper towels or napkins as these can cause even more scratches on the surface of your screen
- Power down your TV, computer or phone (scratches are easier to see when the screen is black)
- Open the repair kit and make sure to follow all instructions. Typically these kits include a spray that you spray onto your screen and then gently buff out with your microfiber cloth
At the end of the day, it is important that your kit is working at the optimum level and therefore, if it needs to be replaced or repaired, you should find a local store. At Rosedale Computers, we supply all of the necessary equipment, expertise and supplies to repair any broken LCD screen.